Kellerman Dental is a dental office based in the Glen Carbon, IL area that offers high-quality dental implants for replacing missing teeth, anchoring dental bridges, or correcting ill-fitting dentures. This procedure can take just a few weeks and leave patients with new teeth that look, function, and feel natural. Even with continued improvements in dental care, many adults still lose teeth due to injuries, periodontal disease, or severe decay. Because of this continued need for replacement options, dental implants have risen in popularity quickly over the years. Dental implants provided by our dentists:
- Offer a natural-looking tooth replacement solution.
- Require fewer dietary restrictions
- Look realistic and function like natural teeth.
- Ensure easy care and maintenance
- Maintain the natural bone structure in the jaw
- They are treated just like natural teeth.
How are dental implants used in restorative dentistry?
Patients find that dental implants are incredibly versatile. They are used in many ways at Kellerman Dental.
- To replace a single tooth. For patients missing just a single tooth within the smile, dental implants are a great solution. They are placed into the jawbone, and the abutment over the gum line is restored using a custom-fabricated dental crown. These dental crowns are made to match the shape, color, and size of existing teeth for a natural and seamless look.
- To replace several teeth in a row. In situations where patients have one or more teeth in a row that need replacement, dental bridges are often a desirable solution. However, not everyone has healthy adjacent teeth to support a dental bridge. In a situation such as this, our team may recommend using dental implants to anchor one or both sides of the dental bridge in place.
- To replace all the teeth in the dental arch. While full dentures continue to be a cost-effective and appropriate way to replace all the teeth in the dental arch, they are often challenging to keep in place with dental adhesives. They can become ill-fitting rather quickly due to changes in the bone structure. In this situation, Drs. Kevin Kellerman and Caroline Connolly may recommend the use of dental implants. Implant-supported dentures are retained in place with several implants along the dental arch. A conservative denture is fabricated that snaps into these implants for the best in stability and strength. Patients find that they can enjoy all their favorite foods with implant-supported dentures and eliminate the need for dental adhesives. Additionally, it improves confidence and ensures a better fit overall.
Speak to our professionals today
If you live in Glen Carbon, IL, and are considering dental implants, start with a consultation appointment with our team to determine if you are a good candidate. Drs. Kevin Kellerman and Caroline Connolly have years of combined experience, providing the best possible care for new and existing patients and families in our state-of-the-art dental facility. Call our practice at 618-228-3100 to schedule a visit and see our team at 16 Junction Drive West, Suite 101.
Share this Article
Back to Dental Implants Page