A dental emergency is a situation that occurs unexpectedly. It can be trauma to the mouth area or a new toothache or pain. If you are in need of urgent dental care and live in or around the Glen Carbon, Illinois, area, we encourage you to call Kellerman Dental for the care you need. Drs. Kevin Kellerman, Caroline Connolly, Jessica Wen, and Jesse Snyder are all available to assist you in your time of need, offering same-day care when you need it most!
What should I do if I am experiencing a dental emergency?
There are many situations that can arise in which patients may have to visit an urgent dental care provider. Below are just a few of the more common dental emergencies we see at Kellerman Dental in the Glen Carbon, Illinois, area and how to handle them:
- Toothache. First, thoroughly rinse the mouth with warm water to help clean the area affected by the toothache. Then, use some dental floss to remove any larger food particles that may be stuck between your teeth. If this does not resolve the issue, take an over-the-counter pain reliever like ibuprofen and contact our office for further instructions
- Broken tooth. If a natural tooth has been broken, rinse the mouth with warm water. Then, place a cold compress on the area to reduce swelling. Avoid eating hard foods or anything that may cause further damage. Save pieces of the broken tooth, if possible, and visit our office as soon as possible for a proper diagnosis and repair
- Knocked-out tooth. First, find the tooth. Be sure to handle it by the crown and not the root. Gently rinse off any dirt or debris from the tooth with warm water and try to reinsert it gently into its socket in the jaw. If that is not possible, place it in a small cup of milk or saline solution and visit our office immediately for further help
- Lost dental restoration. If you have lost a dental crown, filling, bridge, or other restoration, contact our office immediately so that we can evaluate the status of your teeth and determine what steps need to be taken to repair the damage
- Broken crown or bridge. When damage occurs to restorations such as bridges and crowns, it is vital that you seek immediate dental care. Contact our office as soon as possible, and be sure to save any pieces of the restoration that may have come off
At Kellerman Dental, we understand that a dental emergency can happen anytime, and we are here to help!
Are you seeking emergency dental care in the community?
No matter what kind of urgent dental care situation arises, we can assist at Kellerman Dental, regardless of whether or not you are a current patient at our practice.
If you reside in or around Glen Carbon, IL, and are seeking urgent dental care, call our office today at (618) 228-3100.
Our office is in Suite #101 at 16 Junction Drive West and is open to new patients and families within the community and surrounding cities.