Dental Implants in Glen Carbon, IL
Facing tooth loss can be a hard, embarrassing situation to cope with. In addition to impacting your appearance, tooth loss also negatively affects the ways you can bite, chew, and speak. At Kellerman Dental in Glen Carbon, IL, we help patients with a variety of tooth replacement options that include dental implants. Dental implants are widely thought to be the ‘gold standard’ in tooth replacement for their ability to restore functionality and appearance.
What are dental implants?
Millions of Americans suffer from permanent tooth loss. The most common reasons are advanced decay, periodontal disease, or trauma. Decades ago, the only options for replacing missing teeth were dentures or bridges. While both options have come a long way with advanced dental technology, they still have their challenges.
Dental implants replace the missing tooth root in the jawbone. This integration into the bone creates a stable, durable foundation for the final restoration, which can be removable or fixed artificial teeth.
Benefits of dental implants
- Natural appearance – Dental implants are intended to be as close to natural teeth as possible. The integration into the jawbone makes them a permanent restoration.
- Improved functionality – If you have dentures, you may already be aware that they can create challenges when it comes to eating and speaking. Dentures are held in place with either adhesive or suction, which means there is potential for them to slip. Dental implants allow you to eat and speak with confidence.
- Improved oral health – Dental implants do not require alteration to healthy teeth, and because they are rooted in the bone, they prevent deterioration, which can lead to further tooth loss.
- Longevity – With good oral care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Restored self-esteem – When you look in the mirror at your new dental implants, it will restore your confidence to smile.
Types of dental implants
There are two main types of implants: conventional and mini. The main difference between the two is the size, with mini implants being about half the diameter. Choosing which one is right for you depends on the health of your bone, oral habits, long term goals, and budget. We will work with you to choose which option is best to restore your smile.
Restore your smile today with dental implants
Don’t spend another day hiding your smile because of tooth loss. Call Kellerman Dental in Glen Carbon, IL, at [phone] to find out if dental implants are right for you. Kellerman Dental is proud to also serve the towns of Edwardsville, Troy, Maryville, Collinsville, and Granite City.