Dental Implants in Glen Carbon, IL
Tooth loss can leave you feeling embarrassed. In addition to impacting your appearance, tooth loss also negatively affects how you can bite, chew, and speak. At Kellerman Dental in Glen Carbon, IL, we help patients with various tooth replacement options that include dental implants. Dental implants are widely thought to be the ‘gold standard’ in tooth replacement for their ability to restore functionality and appearance.
What are dental implants?
Millions of Americans suffer from permanent tooth loss. The most common reasons are advanced decay, periodontal disease, or trauma. Decades ago, the only options for replacing missing teeth were dentures or bridges. While both options have come a long way with advanced dental technology, they still have their challenges.
Dental implants replace the missing tooth root in the jawbone. This integration into the bone creates a stable, durable foundation for the final restoration, which can be removable or fixed artificial teeth.
Benefits of dental implants
- Natural appearance – Dental implants are intended to be as close to natural teeth as possible. The integration into the jawbone makes them a permanent restoration.
- Improved functionality – If you have dentures, you may already be aware that they can create challenges when eating and speaking. Dentures are held in place with either adhesive or suction, which means there is potential for them to slip. Dental implants allow you to eat and speak with confidence.
- Improved oral health – Dental implants do not require alteration to healthy teeth, and because they are rooted in the bone, they prevent deterioration, which can lead to further tooth loss.
- Longevity – With good oral care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Restored self-esteem – When you look in the mirror at your new dental implants, it will restore your confidence to smile.
Types of dental implants
There are two main types of implants: conventional and mini. The main difference between the two is the size, with mini implants being about half the diameter. Choosing which one is right for you depends on the health of your bone, oral habits, long-term goals, and budget. We will work with you to choose which option is best to restore your smile.
Restore your smile today with dental implants
Don’t spend another day hiding your smile because of tooth loss. Call Kellerman Dental in Glen Carbon, IL, at 618-228-3100 to determine if dental implants are right for you. Kellerman Dental is proud to serve the towns of Edwardsville, Troy, Maryville, Collinsville, and Granite City.
Dental implants at Kellerman Dental explained by Dr. Kevin Kellerman
What is a dental implant?
Hi, I’m Dr. Kevin Kellerman from Kellerman Dental, and today I want to talk to you about dental implants.
If you are missing any teeth or have a loose denture that you would like to fit/feel better, dental implants may be a great choice for you.
A dental implant is the best option we have in dentistry to replace a missing natural tooth.
How is a dental implant placed?
We place a small titanium post under the gums to serve as the root of your new tooth. Once we place the dental implant under the gums, we allow a few months for that implant to become nice and secure.
After a couple of months, we place a new tooth on top of the implant. A dental implant is convenient because it looks like your natural tooth and is secure.
What are the benefits of using dental implants in dentures?
Another good option for dental implants is to help hold in a full or partial denture.
If you struggle with dentures that don’t fit well, cause sores or become loose, then dental implants may be the solution you’re looking for.
Dental implants can secure a denture just like your natural teeth are secure in the gums.
Call us today to make an appointment and get your smile complete with dental implants.