Sometimes, dental problems develop at the worst possible times. If you experience an unexpected situation and need immediate care, the team at Kellerman Dental in Glen Carbon, Illinois, can assist. We are pleased to provide emergency dental care at our office, often with same-day appointments, to get you back to your day with as little interruption as possible.
What are some common dental emergencies that could arise?
At Kellerman Dental, we want to ensure our patients get the care they need when they need it, which is why we are pleased to offer same-day and emergency dentistry. Below are some common dental situations that may occur and require the assistance of our dental team:
- A broken tooth. If you experience a broken or fractured tooth, contacting our office as soon as possible is incredibly important. Depending on the severity of the fracture, we may need to repair it with a filling or crown or even perform a root canal procedure to save the tooth from extraction.
- Lost fillings. It is not uncommon for teeth to become sensitive or the filling to become loose and eventually fall out. If this happens, please call us right away so we can provide you with a replacement filling as soon as possible.
- Toothache or soreness. This is one of the most common dental emergencies and usually occurs due to infection or injury. If you experience tooth pain, it needs to be treated as soon as possible to reduce the risk of other complications.
- Severe bleeding. Sometimes, severe bleeding can occur after a dental procedure or injury to the mouth. Notifying our team can help us determine if you need to visit our office for further assistance or head to the emergency room for care.
- Lost crowns or bridges. If your crown or bridge becomes loose or falls off completely, connecting with our team will ensure that you can get these restorations bonded back in place or replaced if needed.
- Abscess. An abscess is a pocket of infection that can lead to some serious complications if left untreated, so it is critical that you contact us right away, especially if pain and swelling in the mouth or jaw are present. You may require antibiotics and further care to address this issue.
- Knocked-out tooth. If you experience a knocked-out tooth due to injury or contact sports, it is important that you seek emergency dental care right away. Urgent care may be able to save the natural tooth if the damage is not too severe and you get in touch with us quickly.
Do you need emergency dental care with a dental office “near me” in Glen Carbon, Illinois?
Regardless of your dental emergency, Kellerman Dental is committed to providing fast, effective care for you in your time of need. Glen Carbon, Illinois, area patients can call our office at (618) 228-3100 to request an appointment at our facility, located at 16 Junction Drive West, Suite #101. You can also text us at (855) 446-2698 for immediate assistance.
Share this Article